Commission a Painting
Have you ever wanted a painting of your beloved pet, secret fishing hole, family homestead or favorite vacation spot, but did not know who to contact? You are at the right place. I love to create commissioned paintings – not every artist does! I have happy commercial clients as well.
Allow me to create a custom painting of your treasured memories or your concept. Through telephone interviews, personal visits, if possible, and photographs, the magic of your vision will come to life and be preserved for a lifetime. Together we will collaborate to visually tell your story.
The collaborative painting process, which is my approach to a commission, is as engaging and as enlightening for me as it is for you. When I paint a custom work, it is important that I incorporate your personality and your desires within the spirit of the painting, hence my interviewing process is thorough, interactive, private and a good time! With the skills I learned as a school psychologist, I will listen intently to your stories and then visually translate your treasured memories or concept to be enjoyed by you, your family and your guests for a lifetime.“Ellie” completed
I want to visually tell your story as accurately as I can. I look forward to translating your treasured memory or visual concept onto canvas and creating an heirloom for you. The shear pleasure in creating something that was meaningful and joyful to others and making this connection has been inspirational.
During the past several years, I have completed over 40 commissions (I have been commissioned to do many different subjects throughout my career). Each was a heartwarming and invigorating experience. Creating these paintings is a privilege and each carries a responsibility I cherish.
The Commission Process:
- Begins with discussions about your special moment, family cabin, dog, etc. Photo resources are made available to me, and interviews begin to gather important information for your painting. If I can travel to the location, that is best. Interviews often involve several family members.
- The size, medium, price and timing are agreed upon. A deposit is appreciated.
- Preliminary sketches and color choices are presented for approval.
- Painting starts and the stages of the painting are made available via my blog or private emails. You will have complete access to my artistic process. Studio visits are welcomed.
- Your custom painting is presented/delivered with a guarantee of satisfaction and frame ready.
- See options below for additional ways of sharing your painting.
For Frequently Asked Questions about my process, please visit my FAQ page.
In addition to your commissioned painting, you have the following options, which no other artist is known to offer:
- Personal in depth & confidential interviews with every interested participant
- Regular viewing of the process via email and/or studio visits.
- Blank note cards featuring your painting at $4.95 each.
- Coffee table book(s) telling the story about your painting process. Examples are available and these books are really cool, if I may say so myself.
- Giclée print(s) of the original painting. This allows for family members, relatives and associates to enjoy the image as well.
Contact me to begin this engaging process or to inquire further. I can also send you a brochure.
The final price of your painting will depend upon the options you choose, the size, the background behind your pet, if it is a pet portrait** you are wanting, and any necessary travel. Prices are based on the square inch of the desired finished painting. (By the way, this is a common method by which artists price their work.) Your choice of oils or pastels does not impact the price of your painting.
11×14 costs $445.00**
12×16 costs $535.00
14×18 costs $795.00
16×20 costs $865.00
16×24 costs $995.00
18×24 costs $1185.00.
20×24 costs $1315.00
**The above prices include one main subject per painting. More complicated subjects may be additional and will be discussed during the beginning of the process.
It will be a privilege to work with you in creating a painting that tells your story. I strive to integrate your spirit into the painting and to create something that will be cherished for a life time.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. It is my intent to exceed your expectations.