Mix Without A Mix-Up!
In this Class You will:
- Learn to mix colors without mixing mud!
- Increase your confidence in mixing color.
- Learn how to choose your OWN palette of colors that is balanced and successful.
- Be able to mix luscious darks and natural looking greens.
- Loose that overwhelmed feeling when looking at all of your color choices.
- Love discovering all of the color mixtures you can create without buying more tubes of paint!
…and many more color mixing tips you can apply immediately to your painting.
This class is based on Carol's Balanced Palette System, which is described and demonstrated in her forthcoming book:
I Just Want to Paint: Mixing the Colors You Want!
Choosing the right paints for you palette is critical because they are the foundation to your color confidence.
During this class -- which is offered as a 7-week course or a 3-day workshop -- you will learn how to strategically choose the colors for your working palette and the three keys to mixing the colors you want. Mixing will become a source of joy and exploration.
The Seven Color Lessons Are:
- Getting to Know Your Paints
- Dancing with the Power of Complementary Colors
- Learning the Color Bias of Your Primaries
- Mixing Bright & Dull Secondaries
- Mixing Yummy Muddy Colors
- Mixing Natural Looking Greens
- Using a Balanced Palette & Creating Depth in a Painting
Who Should Attend: This workshop is best for those who are advanced beginners and above. (An advanced beginner has completed at least 20 paintings – and they do not need to have been successful – on their own.) With this experience you are able to arrive at the workshop with enough color experience and questions to move onto your next artistic level.
Painters working in all media are welcome. Carol has experience painting with every major medium – watercolor, oil, acrylic and water mixable oils. Though it is not common to include all media in a color course, she has found that everyone benefits from the diverse media in her classes.
Materials: A comprehensive supply list will be provided
Class Length: Mix Without a Mix-Up, can be delivered as a 7-week course or a 3-day workshop. Format is dependent on the sponsoring organization
Class Size: Minimum 6, maximum 22
Instructor Fee: Dependent on class format and sponsoring organization
“I’m a painter of many years who had already taken a color mixing class at the Atelier School in Minneapolis, but Carol's color class changed my life! I came away with a much deeper understanding of color than I ever had before and it helped me make better decisions that I am still using today. I know color exercises may seem boring, but this class had information that expanded my skill level beyond anything I could have imagined.” --Terrie Christian, artist